Sunday, May 3, 2009

Okay I now have the rest of today and all of tomorrow before the challenge begins. Today I am going to try to pull some of my existing hubs together. Put links to one another and possbily add some external links to my websites. I am also taking a look on the forums in HubPages quite frequently today just to see how others are going to come up their ideas and maybe get a few tips from them. There are some who are really experienced on HubPages.

I am a newbie to HubPages and I am new to the keyword aspect of websites too. I do have one major website which holds over 700 of the children's stories that I have written. My main website is www.bedtymetales.com. Each of these has keywords in the HTML tags. My website has been on the internet now for over 10 years. I have some really good quality backlinks to some of my stories.

I am hoping that with this 100 hubs in 30 days challenge that I can grow on my experience with keywords and I also hope that I wlll be able to understand it better. Right now the whole concept of using keywords is a jumble in my mind and I am hoping to get that sorted out as I start this challenge on Monday.

Correct me if I am wrong but here is what I know about keywords right now.

1. Always use your keywords in your title.
2. Always place your keywords in your META TAGS.
3. Always place your keywords in the top area of your article, preferrably in the first paragraph.
4. Use variations of your keywords in your article.
5. Don't saturate your article with your keyword but instead write an informative article using your keywords sparingly.

My approach to the 100 hubs in 30 days challenge is to write 4 hubs per day. I am going to take a look at Google Trends each day before I start to write and see if I can come up with some ideas about keywords that I can write about. I am also going to write some hubs on things that I am passionate about. I am also going to write a minimum of 10 of my children's stories as part of the challenge as well but I may not do this because of the fact that I need my children's stories to appear on my main website and putting them on HubPages would cause duplicate content. What I might do instead is to write about why I wrote a particular story or group of stories and then put one link to my main website where people can read those stories if they want.

Am I nervous about this challenge, no not in the least. I am a writer and I know I can do this. I am ready for this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment